Edible cannabis is a simple and convenient way to obtain cannabinoids. In addition, consuming cannabis-infused products is significantly more discreet than smoking or vaping, which produce clouds and a distinct odour.
But what do you do with the leftover food after opening the package? Keeping them locked away from curious hands and paws in a cupboard is not enough. However, sunshine, heat, humidity, and other pollutants such as mould can wreak havoc on your merchandise. Fortunately, we have some recommendations for keeping cannabis edibles fresh and tasty.
Best Storage Materials For Edibles
Cannabis-infused edibles such as THC gummies, chocolate, brownies, and root beer can be stored for extended periods under the right conditions. However, the length of time your goodies will stay fresh depends heavily on the type of product and the storage method you choose.
The four most common methods for storing edible cannabis are as follows:
This material is suitable for short-term storage. To prevent moisture accumulation, select a container proportional to the amount of cannabis you intend to store.
Wrapping your edibles (or concentrates) with parchment paper and then placing them in a ziplock bag will allow you to maintain their quality for several weeks. After that, the mixture must be placed in a container to keep out air.
Jars constructed of glass, such as Mason jars and numerous other types of containers, work very well. Before putting any sticky concentrates away for storage, wrap them in parchment paper to prevent sticking (aluminum foil or wax paper for edibles).
Numerous edibles and concentrates can be frozen for long periods without degrading taste or quality. However, after removing your things from the freezer, it is strongly advised that you defrost them slowly, as sudden temperature shifts have the potential to alter the flavour of the food.
Generally speaking, edibles (including cannabis-infused cooking oils) should be stored in the refrigerator. This is especially true for sugar, oil, or flour products. Check the “best before” date on the package label to see how long edible cannabis products will remain fresh. Cannabutter can be stored in the freezer or refrigerator in a glass container.
Extra Tips For Storing Cannabis Edibles
Here are some more ideas for keeping your edibles fresh:
- Avoid using clear containers because cannabis should not be exposed to light.
- Please include the date of packing on all consumables so you can determine how long they have been stored.
- Only buy edibles from reputable dispensaries. Cannabis that is not pre-packaged or in a plastic bag is not likely to be fresh.
What Is the Shelf Life of Edible Cannabis Products?
The type of edibles will determine the duration of your cannabis edibles:
- Baked goods can be kept in the pantry for a few days, in the fridge for one to four weeks, and in the freezer for several months.
- Unopened, shelf-stable drinks can last six to nine months in the pantry.
- A dark, cool cabinet can preserve infused oils for six to twelve months.
- Wrapped in foil and stored in an airtight container, dark chocolate can last up to a year (so long as you keep it in a cool, dry, dark cabinet). Milk and white chocolate have a shelf life of up to ten months.
- Trippy treat gummies can last up to a year if properly stored, while jelly or soft gummies can last six to nine months.
Indications That Edibles Has Gone Bad
If you’re not sure whether your edibles are still fresh, look for the following signs that they’ve gone bad:
- A buildup of mould and mildew
- Loss or change in smell
- Condensation droplets in container
- Edibles feel rough, brittle, or dry
There is no reason to be concerned about the perishability of cannabis edibles if you follow every one of these instructions. Instead, speaking with an expert knowledgeable about cannabis is the best way to learn more about it.
Try One of the Pink Guava Gummies with THC on the Market!
Trippy Treats – Pink Guava Gummies – 400mg THC are available in Magnolia and are handcrafted with care and attention to detail. Each batch is produced in tiny quantities to guarantee that the highest quality and consistency criteria are met. We traditionally make our confections in a culinary-grade laboratory, utilizing the finest locally available natural ingredients.
Each gummy contains 20/40mg of the most refined THC available on the market. Proceed with caution. We utilize organic MCT oil of the highest quality to expedite your day.
Finally, keeping cannabis edibles fresh requires vigilance and attention to detail. To keep edible cannabis fresh, keep it tightly wrapped and stored in a cool, dry, dark place. Keep them out of direct sunlight and check the expiration date on the edible product’s label. It would be best if you also went through removing the gummy from its container to ensure it does not become too old.