The demand for headphones is growing rapidly. According to the analysis of retailers, over the past two years their popularity has grown by over 20%. Wireless models remain the most popular, but people are also increasingly interested in noise-canceling gadgets that are great for those who don’t want to be distracted while playing on a Bizzo Casino login site or completing job tasks. These are models with which it’s possible to protect oneself from the noise of the surrounding world and to concentrate on what is really important.
The Peculiarity of Noise-canceling Headphones
The technology was first introduced by the American company Bose, which is engaged in the development of audio equipment. At first, the noise-canceling method was used for professional purposes. Pilots had such earphones. Then they began to appear in other professions (builders, musicians). Today, noise-canceling headphones are a familiar gadget that can be found in almost any form factor.
How does the technology work? The gadget creates sound waves that have an opposite phase to external noise waves. Because of this, they can “damp out”, drowning out external noise to a minimal level. The noise cancellation option is an option, not a permanent feature. It can be turned on and off as needed.
Are Such Gadgets Harmful
Often noise-canceling headphones are attributed such “harmful merits”:
- Hearing impairment – it’s possible with the use of any headphones. Not just noise-canceling headphones. Listening to music at more than 60% volume for 8 hours or more every day will cause hearing loss. Frequent use of loudspeakers at maximum volume – if you are in close proximity to them at the time, of course – will also affect your hearing acuity. Many experiments have been conducted over the past 30 years that confirm the harm of loud music. The results of one recent study were published in the scientific journal BMJ Global Health in 2022. The type of gadgets used doesn’t play a role. What matters is the volume of the music and how long the device is being used.
- Headaches are another consequence that can occur with any model. Causes of headaches: prolonged listening to loud music, very tight earpieces of the gadget (squeezes the head), wrong “fit” of the headphones. For example, if the model with bone conduction is worn together with glasses. Such a “fit” is not provided, the earpieces will press each other, create additional pressure and your head will eventually hurt.
To ensure that the noise-canceling headphones don’t negatively affect your hearing and health, follow these rules:
- Don’t listen to music louder than 60% of the maximum possible threshold for longer than 8 hours. It’s optimal to know the volume of your headphones in dB and calculate the allowable time of use and volume. Some manufacturers create proprietary apps for monitoring and safe listening. Sony has one for the WH-1000XM5. The louder the music, the more the safe listening time is reduced.
- If it’s an In-Canal model, you will need to take it out every 2 to 3 hours because the ear cushions are tight against the walls of the ear canal, tamping down the wax. As a result, a cork can appear, which makes you hear less well and you will have to have it removed by a doctor.
- Don’t wear headphones right after a shower or a rainstorm. An abundance of moisture that cannot evaporate naturally can lead to inflammation.
- It’s better to turn noise reduction off when crossing a busy street. Why? To reduce the risk of getting into an accident due to inattention, not hearing the car horn, etc.
Top 3 Noise-canceling Headphones
Xiaomi Air 2 SE
It’s one of the most budget headphones. Just 5-6 years ago you could find only expensive models with a noise-canceling option. And now they are in all price categories.
These are lightweight wireless in-ear headphones – they weigh 4.7 grams each. They have a touch-sensitive surface. So you can control them without taking your eyes off your work, your hobbies, or your sports.
The model supports AAC codec, which increases the volume and realism of sound. Air 2 SE guarantees not only protection from external noise but also high-quality, clear music sound.
A full charge lasts for up to 5 hours of use. And the battery in the case itself is enough to fully charge the headphones 4 times. The case itself can be fully charged in one hour.
Apple AirPods Pro
Wireless in-channel headphones that cost about 20 thousand rubles. Their main advantage is that they have several modes with noise control:
- Active noise cancellation, which is possible due to the tight fit of the ear cushions. Such a tight contact is not present in the versions AirPods 2 or 3, so this option isn’t available there. In the Pro models of the 1st and 2nd generations, the inverted waves emitted by the device allow you to “damp” any ambient sounds so that the user does not hear them.
- Transparent mode. This is a partial suppression of outside sounds. Only background noise (wind, sounds of moving vehicles) is muted. At the same time, you will hear other people’s voices. This is a useful mode if you want to protect yourself from annoying sounds, but still stay in touch.
Sony LinkBuds S
Headphones with a modest and understated design, but excellent filling. Improved sound transmission technology is implemented in this model. Thanks to this, both low and high notes will be as clean, clear and without excessive wheezing. There are also two modes of noise suppression. The first protects against all external sounds. The second protects only from disturbing background sounds, while making voices clearer.